We at MVUU reach out to our community, find the needs, and act by forming teams to affect social justice change.
Our current teams invite you to join them in our important work. They are:
To serve broader needs, we also have a “woven basket” or “charity of the month” donation that goes to a nonprofit organization for one month. The charity is announced in the newsletter. You may write a check made out to MVUU with the charity noted in the memo line. You may also go to the website Donation button, select “Other” and enter the amount and the charity’s name in the memo line. To learn about the history of Justice Outreach at MVUU, click here.
Some of the many charities we support are:
• PCICEO (Pima County Interfaith Civic Education Organization)—Non-profit interfaith association of some 28 religious and civic organizations.
• UU Justice Arizona Network (UUJAZ)—Engages UUs in justice making by strengthening church justice ministries; connects UU activists/congregations across the state.
• Keep Tucson Together (KTT)—All-volunteer organization that aids those seeking to apply for citizenship, youth under DACA, and families needing legal assistance with immigration.
• Youth on Their Own (YOTO)—Supports high school graduation and continued success of homeless youth by providing financial assistance, basic human needs, and guidance.
• Interfaith Community Services (ICS)—MVUU is one of many faith partners. A non-profit since 1985, ICS has helped people in need achieve stable, healthy, independent lives.
• Primavera Foundation—Provides pathways out of poverty through safe, affordable housing, workforce development, and neighborhood revitalization.
• Unitarian Universalist Service Committee Economic, Environmental, and Rights at Risk.
• Arizonans for Gun Safety (AZFGS)—Engages individuals, organizations, and officials in statewide efforts to prevent gun violence, as well as advocating sensible gun laws.